Index of Windows XP Tips - Page 2
- Terminate your dial-up / PPPoE connection at a specified time using Task Scheduler
- Show or hide the "My recent documents" from XP Start menu
- Description of the Low Disk Space Notification in Windows XP
- Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP
- How To Change the Windows Logon Screen Saver in Windows XP
Antivirus Partners Currently Supporting Windows Security Center
- Error message "A recently installed program has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching"
- Change the Windows Logon screen background color
- How to remove the stored password for a Network Place?
- Hide "My Network Places" from Windows
- Organize Favorites dialog in Internet Explorer displays a "Red X" mark
- Message: "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator"
- Remove the Security Center alert from the Systray / Notification area
- Disable AutoComplete in
Open/Save As dialog boxes
- Manage browser add-ons using "Add-on Configurator for Windows XP SP2"
- Clicking the "Open With" or "Choose Program..." option always opens the file with Notepad?
- Recover lost or deleted files from the hard disk using PC Inspector
- "Allow users to remotely connect to this computer" Remote Desktop option is grayed out
- Repair image file type associations in Windows XP
- Unable to move My Documents folder target in Windows XP?
- Open file - Security Warning appears when you run a file from network share
- Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application?
- "Help and Support Error" - Service not started
- Installing and uninstalling NetBEUI
protocol in Windows XP
- Restore missing Time Zones in Windows XP
- How to disable the Windows XP Splash Screen / logo at startup ?
- Restore missing icons to the Windows Security Center in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Internet Explorer "Manage Add-ons" dialog does not retain your column preferences?
- Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared
on every restart ?
- "Remote" tab missing in My Computer properties
- Reinstalling Help and Support Center in Windows XP
- How to jump to a registry key directly ?
- inst.PathName error while viewing the list of running Services
- How to print Windows XP Search
results to a file ?
- Set the start directory for Windows Media Player
- Boot.ini tab is missing in MSCONFIG ?
- mailto: link does not work with Hotmail as the default mail client ?
- Clicking the Windows Update link in Help and Support Center causes error 'undefined'
- Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not
appearing in the menu?
- Troubleshooting problems with Help and Support Center
- Backup hard disk partitions using Image for Windows
- "Action Cancelled" error while opening Device Manager
- Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express? Windows XP SP2
- TweakUI for Windows XP - Tips Index
- TweakUI for Windows XP - Download URLs
- Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
- User Accounts applet is completely blank
- "System Restore Settings" link does not work
- System Restore Group Policy restrictions
- Ripping CDs using Windows Media Player 10
- RunMRU listing - Sources
- Automatic Updates options are grayed out?
- Print "Manage Add-ons" listings to a file
- "Manage" is missing under My Computer
- How to uninstall a hotfix or Service Pack via the Recovery Console?
- Hide the removable drives from the Send To menu
- Restore Preview as the default action for image files
- Automatic Update prompting to download
KB890859 again and again?
- Uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option by default, for certain file extensions
- Alter the "LastAccess" value for cleaning the Temporary files using Disk Cleanup utility
- How to restore the original Guest account picture?
- "Hide inactive icons" is greyed out in Taskbar Properties
- "Windows cannot display Windows
Firewall settings" error accessing Firewall settings - SP2
- Clear the Temporary Internet Files using the Windows XP Disk Cleanup utility
- Windows XP defaults to Safe Mode at every startup
- "Error 1079" when you start the Remote Registry service
- Error "Activate Windows cannot run because local scripting has been disabled"
- Hyperlinks in Microsoft Office
applications always launches Internet Explorer?
- Error "Cannot locate merged.hhk" when clicking the Help and Support Center Index
- Not prompted to save .csv file after download
- The option "Empty Temporary Internet Files folders when browser is closed" does not work ?
- Enable .OGG file playback support for Windows Media Player
- Change IE Proxy settings quickly
- Move the Task Scheduler Log file to a
- How to Get Windows XP Home Edition / Windows XP Professional (Microsoft.com)
- Retail Pricing for Windows XP Professional - Windows XP Home Edition (Microsoft.com)
- Outlook Express starts with a blank screen
- Windows XP SP2 specific articles
- Notification area icons are missing at
- Disable the filtering option in Add/Remove Programs
- services.exe - Process information
- How to enable the NUM LOCK key for the logon screen
- Error "'xmldoc.documentElement' is null or not an object " in most of the Help and Support pages
- Repairing and re-registering the WMI
- Open With sub-menu which contains the drop-down list of programs, is missing for all the file types?
- Organize your Start Menu using Tidy Start Menu utility
- MSN Messenger Message History displays in XML format?
- ToolTips do not display complete
information about files that are located on a network share
- Wallpaper setting does not apply correctly when you create a custom default user profile ?
- Customize the details shown in the "Details" portion of the Web view
- Windows Media Player 10 entry is missing in Add/Remove Programs, after running a registry cleaner
- How to add an AutoPlay Handler for an Event ?
- How to add "Pin to Start menu" option
- Resolve the Help and Support Service startup failures
- AutoPlay does not work?
- Information bar appears while opening the My Pictures folder
- Search companion opens when you double-click a Compressed (zipped) folder in Windows XP
- Device Manager Snap-in fails to initialize
- How to show drive letters first in My Computer?
- How to undo "Make this folder private" option ?
- How to reinstall Netmeeting in Windows XP?
- How to rename or move a User Profile folder ?
- FileExtInfo - View the association
settings for a file type easily
- Open each folder in the same window
- Error: Could not start the DHCP Client Service on local computer
- Mini Player toolbar buttons are greyed out in Windows Media Player ?
- Log the available amount of free disk space to a file on a daily basis
- Pop-up Blocker Settings requires you to
add the URL Prefix everytime ?
- .EXE files always open with Notepad or any other application ?
- Unable to hide the "Network Connections" icon using the "Hide specified Control Panel applets" Policy ?
- The options "Copy all items to CD" and "Copy to CD" are missing in the Common Tasks pane ?
- "Edit" and "Remove" buttons are grayed out for the File Folder entry in the File Types dialog box ?
- Modifying the behavior of "internet" key in
- Access is denied when opening the Shared Documents folder ?
- Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.Dictionary'
- Unable to start the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service?
- Error 1606: Could not access network location
- Removing the invalid entries from Boot.ini