Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not appearing in the menu?
When you right-click a file or folder and choose Send To, none of the application shortcuts (that you've added manually) may be shown in the Send To drop-down menu. However, the standard items, non-shortcuts such as the following are shown:
This may be due to any of the following reasons:
- The SendTo shell folder path is incorrectly set in the registry
- Missing 'drop handler' registry values
To resolve the problem, download the script fixsendto.vbs to your system and run it. To view the file contents in Notepad, right-click the file and choose Edit.
Applies To : Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
Description : Fixes the Send To menu (missing shortcuts)
Requirement : Needs Administrative privileges
Updated on : Nov 01, 2010.
Important note for Windows 7/Vista users!
If User Account Control (UAC) is enabled in your system, you need to run the script from an elevated Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:
- Download the script to a folder (say C:\Scripts)
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
Note: The script will now run elevated. The above assumes that you've saved the scripts your C:\Scripts folder. If you've saved the file to a different location, substitute the path accordingly.