The options "Copy all items to CD" and "Copy to CD" are missing in the Common Tasks pane ?Published: Sep 07, 2005
Updated : Apr 02, 2006
Send your feedback
When you open the My Pictures folder, the options Copy all items to CD or the Copy to CD may be missing even though files are present in that folder. Also, when you right-click a file and click the Send To menu, CD-RW drive may not appear in the list.
This happens if the CD Recording has been disabled in the drive's Property sheet. To resolve the problem, follow these steps:
- Open My Computer
- Right-click the CD-RW drive-letter, and choose Properties
- Select the Recording tab
- Place a checkmark near Enable CD recording on this drive and click OK.
The Copy to CD options should now appear. (You may need to close and then re-open the folder to see the changes in the Common Tasks pane.)
- Missing ShellFolder for CD Burning GUID.
- NoCDBurning Policy is enabled
- Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
- If you find the NoCDBurning value in the above locations, backup the corresponding branch first, and then delete the NoCDBurning value.
- Close Regedit.exe