Troubleshooting Error messages in Windows XP
- Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
- "Device Driver for the Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard" Error When You Try to Enter Standby
- Error "Tweak UI has been disabled by your administrator" while launching TweakUI
- "There was a problem sending the command to the program" while using Search
- Error "Automation server
can't create object" while changing the User Account picture
- Error "Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator"
- Error: Setup was unable to load the master information file
- File association error message while trying to view profiles from Yahoo Messenger
- "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll"
"Invalid BackWeb Application ID (######)" at startup - Compaq/HP units
- Error "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components" when you double-click a drive
- Error "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page" in Help and Support Center
- Error "Administrator has denied permission to use Windows Messenger" while using Remote Assistance
- "This add-on is managed by your Administrator" message while managing an add-on in Windows XP SP2
- Clicking "Related Topics" and other hyperlinks cause "Cannot display the page"
error in Help and Support Center
- Message: "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator"
- "Help and Support Error" - Service not started
- inst.PathName error while viewing the list of running Services
- Clicking the Windows Update link in Help and Support Center causes error 'undefined'
- "Action Cancelled" error while opening Device Manager
- "Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error accessing Firewall settings - SP2
- "Error 1079" when you start the Remote Registry service
- Error "Activate Windows cannot run because local scripting has been disabled"
- Device Manager Snap-in fails to initialize
- Error: Could not start the DHCP Client Service on local computer
- Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.Dictionary'
- Unable to start the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service?
- Error 1606: Could not access network location
- "Setup library ocmsn.dll could not be loaded" occurs while opening Add/Remove Windows Components
- Error 1324: The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character during the
installation of a software?
- Error "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment" opening User Accounts applet
- Error "Action could not be completed" when you attempt to search for a computer on the network
- Error "The network connection settings have become corrupted" when you configure Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2
- Error 1068 "The dependency service or group failed to start" when starting the Spooler Service
Error 800A01AD when trying to run a VBScript
- Error "Automation server can't create object" while viewing the system information in Help and Support Center
- Error "An ActiveX control on this page is not safe" occurs while attempting to run a troubleshooter in Help and Support Center
- Error "Setup library comsetup.dll could not be loaded" while opening Add/Remove Windows Components
- Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site
Error "Access is Denied " while selecting "Manage" from the My Computer context
- "Browse for more pictures" link in the User Accounts applet does not work?
- An error occurs while trying to enable Automatic Updates using the Windows Security Center applet
- Performance Logs and Alerts Snap-in fails to initialize
- Event Properties page does not open when you double-click an Event log entry
How to fix Disk Defragmenter problems in Windows XP
- Error message when trying to access Add or Remove Programs
- Error message when starting the Server service in Windows XP