This post tells you how to delete all the bookmarks or favorites in the Microsoft Edge web browser.
Instructions for Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser
In the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser, here is how to delete your entire bookmarks/favorites:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the “Settings and More” icon (the icon showing three dots), click Favorites, Manage Favorites.
(Alternatively, you can launch the address
edge://favorites/ directly to open the Manage Favorites dialog.)
- Click on an item in the right panel to set the focus on it.
- Press Ctrl+A keys to select all bookmarks.
- Click on the Delete button that appears above.
- Open Microsoft Edge and open the following link:
- Note down the Profile path. For example, it may be something like:
- Close all instances of Microsoft Edge
- Open the profile path in File Explorer
- Delete or rename the file named
Bookmarks. This file contains your entire favorites.
This removes all the bookmarks (for that particular profile) in Microsoft Edge Chromium.
Instructions for the old Microsoft Edge browser
The old Microsoft Edge browser doesn’t provide an option to bulk delete favorites, but you can clear all your favorites by deleting the
spartan.edb file in Edge’s store folder for your user profile. Here is how to do that.Read more