Mozilla Firefox®, Portable Edition is the popular Mozilla Firefox web browser bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, so you can take your bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords with you. Here is a tool which can register Mozilla Firefox Portable Edition with Default Apps or Default Programs in Windows Vista through Windows 10.
Register Firefox Portable with Default Programs
- Download registerfp.zip and save to Desktop.
- Unzip the archive and extract the contents to a folder.
- Double-click the file RegisterFirefoxPortable.exe to run it.
- When you see the User Account Control dialog, click Allow
- Click the Browse button and locate the Firefox Portable executable
- Click Register
Firefox Portable is now registered with the Default Programs applet.
As you can see, “Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition” entry is now listed in Default Apps page in Windows 10 Settings. You’ll need to manually click on the web browsers entry in Default Apps and select “Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition” to set it as default.
Editor’s note: If the drive letter for your removable device (which contains Firefox Portable) changes, you’ll need to re-register the program using this utility.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!