Mozilla Firefox®, Portable Edition is the popular Mozilla Firefox web browser bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, so you can take your bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords with you. We saw how to set Firefox Portable as the default Web browser in Windows XP. Here is a tool which can register Mozilla Firefox Portable Edition with the Default Programs tool in Windows 7/Vista.
Register Firefox Portable with Default Programs
1. Download registerfp.zip and save to Desktop.
2. Unzip the archive and extract the contents to a folder.
3. Double-click the file RegisterFirefoxPortable.exe to run it
4. When you see the User Account Control dialog, click Allow
5. Click the Browse button and locate the Firefox Portable executable
6. Click Register
Editor’s note: If the drive letter for your removable device (which contains Firefox Portable) changes, you’ll need to re-register the program using this utility.
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and has a vast experience in the ITeS industry — delivering support for Microsoft's consumer products. He has been a Microsoft MVP [2003 to 2012] who contributes to various Windows support forums.