The Windows 10 Photos app has some interesting features that makes it an useful image previewer & editor (although only basic editing features supported). All these days, you may have been using Microsoft Paint or some third-party editors to crop or trim images, such as IrfanView, GIMP etc. Good thing is that you can not only resize images but also can crop images, rotate, add filters and effects using the Photos app.
It’s always very convenient to have a single app to preview as well as to accomplish the basic image/video editing tasks. This post tells you how to trim or crop images using the Photos app in Windows 10.
Trim or Crop Images Using Photos app
To trim or crop images using the Photos app in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open the image/photo (that you want to crop) using Photos app.
- Click on the Edit icon in the toolbar area (Ctrl + E), and click Edit. Clicking on the Edit option lets you to a screen where you can crop the image, add filters, effects etc.
- Click the Crop and rotate button.
- Drag the double-arrow selection handle(s) available on four sides appropriately. Once you select the required part of the image, click the Done button.
- In the next screen, you have two options to save the image. Clicking on Save overwrites the image. Clicking on Save a copy creates a copy. Click one of those save options as required.
- That’s it! You’ve now trimmed/cropped the picture using the Photos app.
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.