If the Delivery Optimization Service (
DoSvc) is missing in the Services MMC console in Windows 10/11, use the registry fix in this article to restore it.
Restore Missing DoSvc Service
- Download dosvc_service.zip and extract the contents to a folder.
- Double-click the registry file applicable to your OS (Windows 10 or 11) and Build/Version.
- Click Yes to apply the settings to the registry.
- Restart Windows.
(Note that the registry files have been extracted from computers running Windows 11 22H2 and Windows 10 22H2.)
*Important*: If the Windows Update services are deleted at every restart, your system could be infected. See the article Windows Update services are deleted at every restart for more information.
- Restore missing Windows Update (wuauserv) Service
- Restore missing BITS Service in Windows 10/11.
- Restore missing “Update Orchestrator Service”
What’s the role of “Delivery Optimization Service”?
The Delivery Optimization client, the DOSvc, ensures reliable and secure downloads of content. Delivery Optimization is not only responsible for finding peers on your local network for content sharing, but it is the downloader for the content whether you choose to peer and share content or not.
“Windows Update Delivery Optimization works by letting you get Windows updates and Microsoft Store apps from sources in addition to Microsoft, like other PCs on your local network, or PCs on the internet that are downloading the same files.” Ref: Windows Update Delivery Optimization and privacy.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!