Malwarebytes version 3.3 has been released today. This version seems to fix many issues, especially problems where real-time protection turns off automatically, as well as the issue of Malwarebytes Tray Application appearing on the Alt + tab screen. And the notification design looks great in this version.
Besides that, here is the official list of changes and improvements in Malwarebytes 3.3.1.
- Improved remediation in Chrome browser
- Numerous enhanced protection techniques and remediation capabilities
- Improved notification design for better readability
- Added new quick tour module in Free and Trial versions
- Added informational modules to the bottom of Scan Progress page in Free and Trial versions
- Improved update process to allow more dynamic updating of user interface components
- Other minor user interface improvements
- Fixed issue where the Malwarebytes tray application showed in ALT+Tab list
- Improved Web Protection compatibility with third-party applications
- Improved driver management
- Added dynamic hooking to Exploit Protection to better manage compatibility with third-party applications
- Fixed issue where certain notifications would not display properly after waking from sleep
- Fixed issue on XP where certain files were not fully uninstalled
- Fixed a crash related to rootkit scanning
- Addressed other miscellaneous user interface improvements and defects
You can upgrade to v3.3 by clicking Install Application Updates in Settings > Application, or download the latest version from Malwarebytes Website. Looks like the version upgrade is not being pushed out to everyone now, so you need to do that manually this time around.
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and has a vast experience in the ITeS industry — delivering support for Microsoft's consumer products. He has been a Microsoft MVP [2003 to 2012] who contributes to various Windows support forums.