In File Explorer, This PC shows the disk space usage information bar underneath the drive-letter when in tiles view mode, the default view setting. If the disk space usage information bar doesn’t show up in your system, as in the image below, this post tells you how to fix this.
Step 1: Reset “This PC” Folder Views
- Open File Explorer and click This PC.
- From the File menu, click Change folder and search options.
- Click the View tab and click Reset Folders.
This resets the This PC view to defaults. Close and open This PC. If that doesn’t help, use these steps:
Step 2: Fix the TileInfo registry value for Drives
- Click Start, type Regedit.exe, and press ENTER.
- Go to the following branch:
- In the right-pane, double-click
TileInforegistry value and set its value data to:
Note: If the
TileInfovalue is missing, create the value, of type String (
REG_SZ) and set the value data as above.
- Exit the Registry Editor.Open This PC. The disk space usage information bar should display now.
Disk space usage info (text) missing?
Here is a variation of the above problem. The disk space usage bar may be present, but the free space information (text) may be missing underneath the bar. This is due to a long Volume label, occupying two rows of the tile.
If the above is the case, then right-click on the drive and choose Properties. Keep the volume label short so that it occupies only one row in the tile.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!