Double-clicking an Internet Shortcut launches the Print dialog rather than opening the WebpagePublished: June 2004
Send your feedback
When you double-click an Internet Shortcut (.URL file) or click on a favorite link from Start Menu, one of the following symptoms occur, and the Webpage does not open:
- Nothing happens
- Print dialog is launched
- Launches any other program
For Internet Explorer 6.0
Click Start, Run and type the following command and press Enter.
regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll
If that does not help, follow these steps:
- Click Start, Run and type CONTROL INETCPL.CPL
- Click Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab
- Click Reset Web Settings button, click Yes
- Click OK and close the dialog
For Internet Explorer 7.0
Download the file ie7_url_fix.reg and save to Desktop. Right-click the downloaded file and choose Merge to add the contents to the registry. The URL file association should be fixed.