When you open Services MMC and double-click “McpManagementService”, the properties dialog may show the error 15100.
Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100
The error occurs because the file McpManagementService.dll doesn’t have the specific string resource embedded into it. Whereas the service’s registry setting points to two non-existent string resources, namely:
To fix the display name and the description fields in Services MMC, follow these steps:
- Launch Regedit.exe to start the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, go to the following branch:
- Set the value data for DisplayName and Description values to the following:
Universal Print Management Service
- Exit the Registry Editor.
The MMC should show “Universal Print Management Service” for the service name and description.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!