Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 KB3200970 has just been rolled out.
This update includes quality improvements and security updates. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
- Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
Src: Windows 10 Update History site.
KB3200970 Direct Download Links
For Windows 10 x64 systems
For Windows 10 x86 systems
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.