The Favorites menu in Internet Explorer lets you arrange the shortcuts by dragging each shortcut to your preferred location within the Favorites menu. If you use the Import/Export Wizard in Internet Explorer or manually copy the URL favorites to another system, the favorites order is not copied to the target system. This is because Internet Explorer stores the sort order in the registry, and the Import/Export Wizard does not reference the sort order registry key.
In order to have the custom favorites order applied to another computer, export the following registry key from the source computer:
1. Launch Regedit.exe and navigate to the above branch
2. From the File menu, choose Export
3. Save the branch to a REG file (for example: favsort.reg).
4. Transfer this REG file to the target computer.
5. In the target computer, delete the branch:
6. Then double-click the REG file (favsort.reg) in the target system to run it.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.