When you try installing the 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913), the error 0x800f081f may appear.
We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800f081f)
This happens if a manifest file is missing from the computer.
Follow these steps to restore the missing file.
- Download amd64_microsoft-onecore-sharehost.zip
- Extract the enclosed manifest file to a folder — e.g., C:\Manifests
- Start Command Prompt as TrustedInstaller using the AdvancedRun tool. See this article for instructions
- Run the following command in the TrustedInstaller Command Prompt.
copy c:\manifests\*.manifest c:\windows\winsxs\manifests\ rd c:\manifests /s /q exit
- Download kb5022913_fix.reg and save it to a folder.
- Open an admin Command Prompt and run:
REG LOAD HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\Config\COMPONENTS Exit
- Double-click “kb5022913_fix.reg” to import it.
See if you can install the update now.
If that doesn’t fix the issue, repair Windows 11 using an in-place upgrade.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
Your apps, settings, and data will be retained by default during the repair installation.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!