When you open a folder containing image files in Windows Vista, the thumbnail images have a photo border by default. You can remove the photo border and add a drop shadow effect using a registry edit.
Add Drop Shadow Effect for Thumbnails
1. Click Start, type Regedit.exe and press ENTER
2. Navigate to the following branch:
3. Double-click the value named Treatment
4. Set its Value data accordingly. See table below for possible data.
5. Exit the Registry Editor.
Fig 1: No Adornment
Fig 2: Drop Shadow
Fig 3: Photo Border
Fig 4: Video Sprockets
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!