Here is a compilation of some useful registry fixes for Windows 7/Vista/XP. I might add more fixes as more issues come in. If you have a specific request, please be sure to add it in the Comments section.

#

Description

REG Fix

OS

1Error 1719 Windows Installer Service Could Not be Accessed, when installing applications. DownloadWindows 7
2Windows Security Center Service missing after Malware attackDownloadWindows 7
3Event Log Service missing "The specified service does not exist as an installed service"DownloadWindows 7 x64
4Library (.library-ms) file association and icon missingDownloadWindows 7
5Cannot Enable the Menu bar in Internet Explorer 9 Beta (Bug)DownloadIE9 Beta
6Windows Installer Service missingDownloadWindows 7
7Fix ExplorerFrame.DLL Registration in Windows 7. Resolves various UI problems.DownloadWindows 7
8Restore Device Manager Snap-In to Computer Management ConsoleDownloadWindows 7/Vista
9Restore Missing Windows Firewall Service (MpsSvc) to Services MMCDownloadWindows 7
10Restore Missing Windows Firewall Authorization Driver (MpsDrv)DownloadWindows 7
11Restore Missing Base Filtering Engine Service (BFE) to Services MMCDownloadWindows 7
12Fix "Open With" Error "This file does not have a program associated with it"DownloadWindows 7
13Restore Missing "Details" tab to File/Folder PropertiesDownloadWindows 7
14Restore Missing BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) from Services MMCDownloadWindows 7
15Fix File Association Error When Double-clicking CD or DVD driveDownloadWindows 7
16Add "Scan with Windows Defender" Option to Right-Click MenuDownloadWindows 8
17Fix Error "The Snipping Tool is not working on your computer right now"DownloadWindows 7
18Restore Missing Windows Search (WSearch) Service to Services MMCDownloadWindows 7
19Restore Missing Internet Connection Sharing (ICS/SharedAccess) to Services MMCDownloadWindows 7

1. said this on Friday, March 14th 2014 7:56 pm

Outstanding ! it fixed “The open with error” that I had for two weeks and couldnt find anything to make it work.

2. said this on Thursday, February 20th 2014 7:56 pm

@Tim: All the fix does is to reset to default msiservice settings. the slowdown you’re experiencing is most probably unrelated.

3. Tim
    said this on Wednesday, February 19th 2014 9:36 pm

#actually dont work. After doing that regfix my LapTop is now running slower and the actual Problem could not be fixed.!

attention with regfix #1

4. KEVIN
    said this on Saturday, November 16th 2013 4:12 am

I am having the same problem as your #14 fix,missing BITS in the sevices list but my os is Windows XP Home Edition 32bit, any fix for XP

5. Nick
    said this on Wednesday, October 30th 2013 3:15 am

Thanks for #14. Easiest fix ever!

6. Rachel
    said this on Monday, September 23rd 2013 7:20 am

Thank you! I used solution 2 and it worked great, so easy! I just had to restart after the install was done. Thanks again.

7. Steve
    said this on Sunday, September 1st 2013 10:36 am

#14 BITS restoration worked like a charm. You have to download and open file, then restart computer. I was scared but based on positive reviews, went ahead. The author ramesh srinivasan .. I looked up and he appears ultra qualified, high integrity and intelligence; apparently with philanthopic instincts. I am extremely grateful.. he is an asset to the all mankind.

8. Carol B.
    said this on Saturday, August 24th 2013 12:54 pm

I download #2 but nothing happens when I click on it . Help!

9. Franky
    said this on Wednesday, May 22nd 2013 2:43 am

Thank you very much!!!
    Downloaded #14 to fix Background Intelligent Transfer Service. I was slightly hesitant as i searched for hours for a fix with no result but it worked a dream.

10. Seth
    said this on Tuesday, March 12th 2013 7:05 am

Restore Missing BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service). Found this site. Took a chance and downloaded the executable fix. It worked. Faith in humanity restored.