Aero Snap is a new feature in Windows 7 wherein the windows will automatically arrange (dock) when moved to the edge of the screen. When you drag a window to the left side of the screen, it will automatically dock to the left side of the screen taking half of the screen space. The same goes for the right side. When dragged to the top of the screen, the window maximizes.
Fig 1: Aero Snap feature: Window being docked to the left side
If you want to disable the automatic arrangement (Aero Snap) feature, use these steps:
1. Click Start, Control Panel
2. Click Ease of Access and click Ease of Access Center
3. Click one of the following options:
- Make the mouse easier to use
- Make the keyboard easier to use
- Make it easier to focus on tasks
4. Place a checkmark near the following option:
5. Click OK, and close the Ease of Access Center
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and has a vast experience in the ITeS industry — delivering support for Microsoft's consumer products. He has been a Microsoft MVP [2003 to 2012] who contributes to various Windows support forums.