By default, Windows Vista does not include the Run as Administrator option in the context menu for Vbscript (.vbs) and JScript (.JS) files. Here is how to add the Run as Administrator option to the context menu.
Adding the Run as Administrator option for scripts
1. Download script_runas.reg and save to Desktop
2. Right-click on the file and choose Merge
3. Click Yes when prompted.
This .reg file adds the runas command for VBSFile and JSFile ProgIDs. The registry keys are located here:
Note: I’ve just duplicated the contents of the branch named Open, and written it to the runas branch.
Here are related articles that discuss about runas:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt from the folder context menu
- Elevate a Vbscript file using the "runas" parameter in ShellExecute
- Register DLLs (elevated) using the context menu
- Add “Edit HOSTS file” option in the context menu