When you attempt to run a .js (JScript Script File) file, one of the following errors may occur:
Can't find script engine "JScript" for script "filename.js".
There is no script engine for file extension ".js".
[Fix] There is no script engine for file extension .JS
The “script engine” error occurs if the
.js file association data is missing or incorrect. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
exitto close the Command Prompt window.
- Right-click jscript_fix.reg (zipped), click “Save Target as” or the equivalent option in your browser, and save the file to the desktop.
- Unzip the archive, and double-click on the .reg file to apply the settings. The fix applies to all versions of Windows, including Windows 10.
- Click Yes when asked for confirmation.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!