ActiveX controls may not load as expected in Internet Explorer due to defense in depth changes introduced in cumulative security update 896688Published: Nov 13, 2005
Updated : Dec 04, 2005
Send your feedback
- When you open the User Accounts applet in the Control Panel, you may receive the following error message:
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
- System Restore window is completely blank.
- Windows Update page displays the following message even though the ActiveX control is already installed. Also, the Information bar does not appear, thus you're unable to re-install the Windows Update ActiveX control.
Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
- Help and Support pages are incomplete.
- System Information utility (MSINFO32) displays a blank window.
- When you open Services.msc snap-in, the following error is displayed:
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
- Organize Favorites dialog displays a Red X in Internet Explorer. (More info)
This occurs due to missing OLE32 registration. You may use the following VBScript to correct the above problems. Download olereg.vbs and run the file.