When you click a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook or other Office applications, you may receive the following error.
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
This is caused by broken .html, http or https protocol file association. To resolve the problem, use these steps:
For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10
1. Click Start, and click Default Programs
2. Click Set program access and computer defaults
3. Click Custom, select your Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and click OK
4. Close and re-open Microsoft Outlook.
For Windows XP
1. Click Start, Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs
2. Click Set Program Access and Defaults
3. Click Custom
4. Under Choose a default Web browser
5. Click OK
Alternately, you may launch the Set Program Access and Defaults applet via the Start menu icon (if available), or by running the command "control appwiz.cpl,,3" via the in Start, Run dialog.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.