Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu textPublished: Nov 03, 2004
Send your feedback
When you open a folder window and click a menu, the drop-down appears but it may be completely transparent, and thus the Menu text may be invisible until you hover the Mouse pointer over the sub-menu.
Not sure which particular setting is cause this, but here are the things that you can try:
Reset the Visual Effects
- Click Start, click Run, and type sysdm.cpl
- Click the Advanced tab
- Under Performance, click Settings
- Click the Visual Effects tab
- If you have any custom settings, note the configuration in a paper.
- Set it to Adjust for best performance
- Click Apply
- Repeat the above steps (1-3) and reset your preferred settings again.
If that does not help, change the theme to Windows Classic and then revert back to XP Style.
The transparency may also be the result of the software which accompanied with your Graphics card (for example.. NVidia - NVidia Desktop Manager).