Add a "Print Directory" Feature for Folders in Windows XP
To add the "Print Directory" context menu option for file system folders, use these steps:
- Download printdir.zip and save it to Desktop
- Extract Printdir.bat and Printdir.reg from the Zip file
- Save Printdir.bat to Windows folder
- Right-click Printdir.reg file and choose Merge
After merging the contents to registry, you no longer require this .reg file (Printdir.bat must exist though.) You may customize printdir.bat as per your requirements. Say, to print the directory listings to a file, edit the .bat file using Notepad and remove the /p argument.
If you want to manually print the directory contents to a file:
- Click Start, Run, type Cmd and press Enter
- Go to the appropriate directory.
- Type Dir /b>C:\list.txt
[ Include "/s" for sub-directories listing. Type Dir /? for more command-line parameters ]
- Open C:\List.txt in notepad and print the contents.