Unable to resize or move the Web content in the Desktop?Published: Dec 27, 2005
Send your feedback
When you add an active content to your Desktop, the Web item may be locked in a fixed position and size. Also, you may not see the resize buttons when you hover the mouse pointer over the Web item. As a result, you may be unable to resize or move the Web item to a required position.
First, make sure that the Lock Desktop items feature is not enabled. This option prevents the user from moving or resizing the Web item on your Desktop.
- Right-click an empty area in the Desktop, and choose Properties
- Select the Desktop tab, and click Customize Desktop
- Select the Web tab, and uncheck Lock desktop items option
- Click OK, OK
Now, if you hover the mouse pointer over the top of the Desktop item, you'll see the title bar which should have the maximize buttons.
Still does not help?
There are two other causes for this problem, might occur in the aftermath of Malware attack. Follow these steps:
Click Start, Run and type:
- regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
Press Enter. Restart Windows and test the Active Content behavior again. If the problem is not yet resolved, and if you're using Windows XP Service Pack 2, then there is one more step required to sort the problem:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 specific steps
- Download Add-on configurator from here
- Unzip and run the utility
- Type in the CLSID string exactly as given below:
- Then, click the Unblock Add-on button
- Close Add-on configurator utility.