When you attempt to start some Windows services using the Services MMC or command-line, error
1053 is shown, and the service fails to start. Here is the error message verbatim:
Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service
This article tells you how to fix the error
1053 when turning on a Windows service which is hosted by svchost.exe.
Fix Error 1083 “The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service”
To fix Services error
1053 in any version of Windows, follow these steps:
- Open the Services console by running
services.mscfrom Run dialog.
- Double-click the service that you want to start (but unable to).
- In the General tab of the service properties, note down the following:
- The short name of the service
- Service host group name
regedit.exe) and go to the following branch:
LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationfor the Smart Card service.
SCardSvr) anywhere in the multi-string value. Refer to the following image.
svchost.exe, and it’s highlighted in [Figure 1] above. The service host group can be any one of the following, depending upon how each service is implemented:
The above steps should resolve error
1053 when starting a Windows service.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
- Fix for Base Filtering Engine (BFE) Service Error 1083
- Fix for Network Connections Service (Netman) Error 1083
- How to Delete a Service in Windows Using Command-line, Regedit or Autoruns
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.