Prevent the Program count from being displayed in the Welcome ScreenPublished: Nov 04, 2004
Send your feedback
Welcome screen - Program count information
When you open an application window, the ProgramCount status is updated in the registry instantly. If you want to prevent the Program count information from being displayed at Welcome Screen, edit the following registry value and deny Write permissions for the following key.
Preventing the Program count display
NOTE: By following this method, Windows can't update the ProgramCount in the registry. Any programs or custom scripts that depend on the ProgramCount registry value might fail if you deny write access to registry key below. Use this method at your own risk!
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SessionInformation
- In the right-pane, double-click ProgramCount and set it's value to 0
- Right-click SessionInformation and click Permissions menu
- Click Advanced, Add. Type your username in the Select User or Group Box
- Deny Set Value permissions to your user account
- Click OK and complete the process