Not prompted to save .pdf file after downloadPublished : Jun 18, 2005
Updated : Mar 25, 2007
Send your feedback
When you click a link to a .PDF document, one of the following may happen depending upon the setting you chose in Adobe Acrobat Reader Preferences:
- The PDF document opens in Internet Explorer window
- The PDF document opens in Acrobat Reader
Enabling the Open/Save as prompt when downloading PDF files
Note: The following solution was tested with Acrobat Reader 7.0, and it may work in Acrobat Reader 8.0 as well.
- Click Start, Run and type regedit.exe
- Navigate to the following location:
- Backup the branch to a file
- In the right-pane, double-click the EditFlags value
- Set the Value Data for EditFlags to 00 00 00 00 (REG_BINARY)
Note: If EditFlags value is missing, create a new value of type REG_BINARY
- Repeat the same in this key:
- Exit Registry Editor.