If the process OneDriveSetup.exe is hogging the CPU time in your Windows 10 system, here is how to fix the problem.
This issue can occur if non-English / ASCII / Cyrillic characters appear in your user name and the user profile folder. As a result, OneDriveSetup.exe file write operations fail & multiple retries are attempted. To resolve the problem, use these steps:
1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) Details tab
2. Terminate the process OneDriveSetup.exe
3. Open the following folder:
(Copy the above and paste the path in File Explorer address bar, and hit ENTER)
4. Delete these two files:
5. Open this folder
6. Run OneDriveSetup.exe and complete the process.
Still doesn’t help?
See if reinstalling OneDrive helps. See article How to Uninstall and Reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10? for more information.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!