In Microsoft Edge, the Address bar (Search box) always shows the placeholder text “Search or enter web address”. If you find this distracting, here is a way to remove the default placeholder text and make it appear blank.
Remove Edge Search box placeholder text
1. Open the Registry Editor (
2. Go to the following branch:
3. Create the following
4. Set the value data for the above values to
5. Exit the Registry Editor, and open Microsoft Edge web browser.
You’ll see that the search box placeholder text is not gone!
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and has a vast experience in Windows — delivering support for Microsoft's consumer products. He has been a Microsoft MVP (2003-2012) who contributes to various Windows support forums.