When you open Default Programs – Set your default programs applet, Windows Photo Gallery entry is displayed with an incorrect icon (showing two gears, which is the default icon for DLL files) instead of the nice looking Windows Photo Gallery icon.
This is because the image preview is handled by Windows Photo Gallery DLL file PhotoViewer.dll. Here is the command-line for the Preview action:
Although this is only a cosmetic issue and can be ignored, I’ve found a way to fix the Windows Photo Gallery icon in Default Programs. The trick is to insert an additional file type in the registry and associating it with WindowsPhotoGallery.exe. The tool below does that exactly.
1. Download WPGIconFix.zip and save to Desktop
2. Unzip the archive and extract the files to a folder
3. Run the file WPGIconFix.exe
4. Click Allow when you see the UAC elevation dialog.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!