When you try to send a webpage or link by email via the File – Send menu in Internet Explorer, the options Page by E-Mail… and Link by E-Mail… may be dimmed/grayed out. This happens if a default mail client is not correctly set. Use the instructions below to reset the default mail client.
Follow these steps to resolve the problem.
- Open Control Panel, Default Programs
- Click Set program access and computer defaults
- Click Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Microsoft Outlook)
- Click OK
(Windows 7 and higher versions don’t include a mail client by default. You need to install a mail client such as Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook (not free) separately in order to use the Send To → Mail feature.)
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
- Error “There is no email program associated to perform the requested action” When Sending File To Mail
- How to Send File Attachments to Email Using Mail App and File Explorer in Windows 10?