If your .ISO and .IMG files are showing up as unknown files, you can reset their file type associations using Default Programs. Windows 7 includes the Windows Disc Image Burner, the default handler for .ISO/.IMG files allows you to burn a CD or DVD from an ISO disc image file.
.ISO file showing up as elby.VCDMount.1 file (occurred after uninstalling Virtual CloneDrive in a PC.)
Resetting Windows Disk Image Burner as the Default
1. Click Start, Default Programs
2. Click Set your default programs
3. Select Windows Disk Image Burner
4. Click Set this program as default, and click OK.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!