When you open Windows Help and Support in Windows 7, and use the search feature to find topics, zero results appear in search results showing the text “__elbasuer__”. This could happen after installing the Bluetooth driver, or if the driver came as part of the standard installation with your PC.
I had this issue in my Dell Vostro 1520, and a solution was posted at the Dell Community forums. The fix was to remove a registry value “BRCM_Bluetooth_Help” which is added by Broadcom/WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver. This fix should apply to non-Dell systems as well.
- Start the Registry Editor (
regedit.exe) and navigate to the following branch::
- Delete the value named BRCM_Bluetooth_Help in the right-pane.
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- Close Windows Help and Support, reopen it, and type a search phrase.
It should now work correctly!
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!