If you cannot install or update apps via the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 or 11, you can download and install the offline installer for the corresponding app.
This article tells you how to download the offline installer (.appx, .appxpackage, or .msixbundle) for any Microsoft Store app.
Get the Offline installer for any Store App
In this article, let’s see how to download the official installer package for the Photos app.
- Visit the Microsoft Store portal below:
- Search for the app you want to download — e.g., Photos.
- Click on the link to the app.
- Copy the Store app’s URL to the clipboard or paste it into Notepad.
- Visit the “Microsoft Store – Generation Project [by @rgadguard & mkuba50]”. The link is below:
- Then, select “URL” from the dropdown box on the above portal.
- In the text box, paste the Microsoft Photos Store URL:
- Next, select “Retail” from the dropdown box.
- Finally, click the button with the tickmark to generate the official download links for the app.
The official download links will be generated for all versions of the app and also the dependency packages.
(The links will be valid for the next 15 minutes. The table also lists the SHA-1 hash and the file size of the corresponding app.)
(In the above example, the latest version of the app is listed at the bottom. The installers have the file extension .appx, .appxbundle, or .msixbundle.)
- Find the version of the app and the bitness (some apps have separate executables for the x86 and x64 versions) you want to download.
- Right-click on the appropriate link and choose “Save link as…” in your browser.
Note: When you download the file, it may save as an extensionless file. Save it with the correct name and extension — e.g.,
- Download the file and double-click it to install the app.
Example: That’s how we downloaded the Microsoft Store app, as mentioned in the Reinstall Microsoft Store article.
That’s it! This method lets you get the AppX installer file for almost any Store app. You only need to input the Store app URL in the above portal for the app you need to download.
Possible Issues you may encounter
1] The installer may not run if the App Installer package is not installed on the computer. If the installer doesn’t run, you must install the app using PowerShell. For more information, check out the post Fix: Can’t Install Appx, AppxBundle, and Msixbundle Files in Windows.
2] The installer may point out that a dependency package or framework is missing — e.g., Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7.
In that case, you must download the dependency package from the
store.rg-adguard.net results window.
Some apps require more than one dependency package. Download and install each dependency package and install it. Finally, install the main package file.
I hope the information in this article helped. Let’s know your comments.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!