For example, when you visit a site that runs a lot of advertisements, and your HOSTS file or the Ad Blocker is blocking some of those servers, you get the clicking sound for each blocked (or redirected to 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0) address. I recently visited a website which generated the clicking sound at least 6 times (which means 6 servers were blocked/redirected by my HOSTS file); I certainly want to disable this annoying sound.
Disabling the "Start Navigation" Sound in Internet Explorer
1. Click Start, type sounds
2. Select change system sounds option from the search results
3. Scroll down until you see the Start Navigation entry, and select it.
4. Select the option (None) from the Sounds drop-down list box.
5. Click OK.
1. Click Start, type sound
2. Click Sound from the search results, and select the Sound tab.
Alternately, open Control Panel, type sounds in the Search box, and click Change system sounds
3. Set the Start Navigation sound to (None)
4. Click OK.
1. Click Start, Control Panel.
2. Double-click Sounds.
3. In the Sounds Properties window, scroll down and select Start Navigation entry.
4. Click the drop-down menu.
5. Select (None), and click OK.