In Windows 11 22H2 and up, when you double-click “Devices and Printers” from the classic Control Panel, it redirects you to the Settings → Bluetooth & devices page. You may wonder how to access the classic Device and Printers Control Panel applet.
Open “Device and Printers” in Windows 11
In Windows 11 22H2 and higher, the old Devices and Printers interface can still be accessed using one of the methods below.
Option 1: Using the Run dialog
Right-click Start, click Run.
Type the following command and click OK.
This opens Devices and Printers.
(See other shell commands in Windows.)
Option 2: Via Settings
- Open Settings.
- Select “Bluetooth & devices” in the left pane.
- Click “Devices” in the right pane.
- Click “More devices and printer settings.”
The above option launches the classic Devices and Printers page.
Option 3: Using the Devices and Printers shortcut icon
- Open Control Panel (
- Select the “Small icons” view.
- Right-click the “Devices and Printers” icon and click Create shortcut.
- Click Yes when you’re prompted to create a desktop shortcut for the item.
Interestingly, double-clicking on the desktop shortcut will open the classic Devices and Printers page. You can pin the shortcut to the Start menu if you’d like.
The above methods have been last tested in Windows 11 22H2.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!