Default Programs Editor is a very useful tool which helps you to edit file type associations, add or remove AutoPlay handlers and static context menu entries. In Windows, there is no built-in option provided to add or edit context menu entries and static verbs. Here is where the Default Programs Editor comes in handy. This program runs in Windows Vista through Windows 10.
Features of Default Programs Editor
File Type Settings
- Add, Edit, and Delete context menu items
- Change file type icon & description
- Change an extension’s associated file type
- Add, Edit, and Delete autoplay handlers
- Change which autoplay options are available for any media type
- Change the default autoplay handler
Default Programs Settings
- Add or Remove default associations
You can download Default Programs Editor from
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.