The January 2017 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1607 has been released. This update KB3213986 raises the OS Build number to 14393.693 from 14393.576. This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Here is the list of changes:
- Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
- Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
- Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
- Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
- Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
- Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
- Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
Here are the direct download links for KB3213986, from the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
KB3213986 for Windows 10 x86 [514.4 MB] windows10.0-kb3213986-x86_317506223682f535a8d4832c40cea468fe3e639d.msu
KB3213986 for Windows 10 x64 [950.6 MB] windows10.0-kb3213986-x64_a1f5adacc28b56d7728c92e318d6596d9072aec4.msu
About the author
Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. He is passionate about Microsoft technologies and he has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 10 consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.