Generally, black and white images appear to be more timeless than color images. Also, some experts say that removing the color from a picture helps the viewer to focus on a subject’s emotional state. Monochrome portraiture lets the audience see the subject’s face without distraction.
This post tells you how to change a picture from color to black and white (monochrome image) using the built-in Photos app in Windows 10.
Convert Images to Monochrome (Black & White) using Photos app
- Open the image file (which you want to change to monochrome) using the Photos app. You can right-click on the image file, choose Open with and select
Photosfrom the list.
- In the Photos app, click on the
Edit & Createbutton at the top, and select
Editin the drop-down menu.
The resulting page shows you three options namely:
Crop & rotate,
Adjustments. On the Adjustments page, you’re provided the option to increase or decrease the brightness, lower the colors, etc.
- Click on the Colors slider and drag it all the way the left (
-100setting). The color image changes to black and white.
- Click on the
Save a copybutton to save the modified file with a new name.Note that the
Save a copychevron also provides a
Saveoption which when used, will overwrite the current file.
That’s it! Look how easy it is to change a picture from color to black and white using the built-in Photos app in Windows 10.
One small request: If you liked this post, please share this?One "tiny" share from you would seriously help a lot with the growth of this blog. Some great suggestions:
- Pin it!
- Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit
- Tweet it!
- How to Extract a Still Image from a Video in Windows 10
- Straighten Up Slanted Photos using Photos or Windows Live Photo Gallery
- How To Merge Videos In Windows 10 Using the Built-In Photos App
- How to Split or Trim Videos Using Windows 10 Photos App?
- How to Trim or Crop Images in Windows 10 Using Photos App
- How to Resize Images Using Photos App in Windows 10