Pictures list - Display Properties Background tabPublished: June 2004
Send your feedback
For the Display Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image files from the following locations:
BMP Files from %Systemroot% folder.
BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:
- %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
- %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
- %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)
If you want to clear a file from the background tab listing, move the file away from the above mentioned locations. To access each of the folders above, type the Path in Start-Run dialog.
- %Systemroot% represents the folder where Windows is installed.
- %USERPROFILE% represents the user profile home path
- %AppData% represents the Application Data folder path
- %ProgramFiles% represents the Program Files folder