When you open a new tab in Internet Explorer 7, the You’ve opened a new tab message appears, and you’re unable to turn off this option even though you select the Don’t show this page again setting.
The preference may not be saved due to a script error that occurs in your system in URL res://ieframe.dll/tabswelcome.htm. As a workaround, you may alter the registry directly, or use the .reg file below to automate the setting.
1. Click Start, Run and type regedit.exe
2. Navigate to the following branch
3. Create a REG_DWORD value named ShowTabsWelcome
4. Leave the default Value data (0) for ShowTabsWelcome
5. Exit the Registry Editor.
Download disabletabswelcome.zip. Unzip the contents and extract them to a folder. To disable the You’ve opened a new tab message, double-click the file disabletabswelcome.reg. Click Yes when asked for confirmation.