When you click on your city displayed in the Weather gadget, it is supposed to launch the MSN weather website that shows detailed weather information for the chosen city. If the ‘http’ association is broken, users get the following error when doing so:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.
To fix this, use these steps:
1. Click Start, select Default Programs
2. Select your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) from the list
3. Click Set this program as default
4. Click OK
If that doesn’t do it, follow these steps:
5. Click Set program access and computer defaults
6. Click Custom, and select your web browser
7. Click OK.
This resets the default web browser, thereby fixing the http and other protocol association settings automatically.