Q: I enabled Parental Controls in all of the standard user accounts in my Windows Vista computer. Whenever I logon to Windows, I’m always getting a balloon popup in the Notification area which tells me to look at the Parental Control activity report. How do I disable this notification?
A: You can disable the Windows Parental Controls notification or change the reminder frequency to Weekly, using these steps:
- Click Start, Control Panel, click User Accounts
- Click Family Safety, click Set up parental controls for any user
- In the Tasks pane on the left, click Family Safety Options
- Select Never to turn off Parental Controls notification (or)
- Select Weekly to be reminded to read the activity reports once in a week.