The Templates section of TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP helps you create or delete document templates (shown under the New menu.) This article tells you how to manage document templates using TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP, under Windows Vista.
IMPORTANT The Program Compability Assistant will issue a warning that the Microsoft Powertoys for Windows XP is incompatible with Windows Vista, and also provides a Run program button. If you plan to use TweakUI for Windows XP under Windows Vista, you do so at your own risk. Although I can't vouch for the compatibility (or lack thereof) of TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP with Windows Vista, I'd like to tell you that the Templates function of TweakUI worked just fine when I tested it under Windows Vista. Also, I don't have test data concerning other settings in TweakUI PowerToy for Windows XP, when used under Windows Vista.
1. From a Windows XP computer with TweakUI PowerToy installed, copy the file TweakUI.exe from the C:\Windows\System32 folder, and transfer it to your Windows Vista computer.
If you don't have a Windows XP computer with TweakUI installed, then follow the steps below in your Windows Vista computer:
The files TweakUI.exe and PowerToysLicense.rtf are now extracted to the Desktop.
2. Right-click TweakUI.exe and choose Properties
3. In the Compatibility tab, enable the following options:
4. Click Apply, OK.
5. Double-click TweakUI.exe to run it.
6. Click the Templates option. You can create or delete document templates (a.k.a. ShellNew entries) there.